How your gynecologists in Bloomington, IL, can help with menopause symptoms
Menopause happens to women, and each woman will experience menopause differently. Some women don’t have any adverse effects going through menopause. Other women experience dramatic changes including mood swings, sleep issues, hot flashes, and other uncomfortable symptoms. If you need some help dealing with menopause symptoms, it’s time to talk with our doctors.
The providers at Advanced Women’s Healthcare in Bloomington, IL, offer comprehensive gynecological services, including treatment and management of menopause symptoms.
When you go through menopause, it means you will no longer have menstruation, and so you will be unable to bear children. You may experience several stages of menopause including pre-menopause, peri-menopause, and menopause. Each stage may have different signs and symptoms, which can include:
- Night sweats and hot flashes
- Dry skin and thinning hair
- Loss of breast fullness
- Vaginal dryness
- Depression and mood swings
- Difficulty sleeping and insomnia
- Weight gain from a slowing metabolism
These signs and symptoms are brought on by changes in hormone levels. Your gynecologist may recommend hormone replacement therapy to help minimize your symptoms by keeping your hormones in balance.
Modern hormone replacement therapy has far fewer side effects, because your gynecologist may recommend bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is identical in structure to human hormones. In addition to having fewer side effects, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy offers other benefits including:
- Individual, customized dosage
- Long-lasting effects, from three to five months
- A steady stream of hormones in your blood
- Safe usage because it has been extensively tested
- Increasing bone density to prevent osteoporosis
- No increased risk of blood clots, a heart attack, or stroke
Our doctors may also recommend additional treatment options to help manage symptoms, including:
- Antidepressant medication to help manage mood swings
- Medications to help prevent osteoporosis
- Estrogen cream to reduce vaginal dryness
To learn more about the early symptoms of menopause and how our providers can help, call the doctors at Advanced Women’s Healthcare in Bloomington, IL. You can reach them in the office by calling (309) 808-3068, so call today.