How your OBGYN doctors in Bloomington, IL, can help you get relief from menopause symptoms.
If you are experiencing hot flashes, weight gain, swelling, and other uncomfortable symptoms, you could be going through menopause. It’s the time in a woman’s life when your hormone levels diminish, you stop menstruating, and you can no longer have children. Your OBGYN doctor can help you manage uncomfortable symptoms, so you can get on with your life.
Drs. Dele Ogunleye, Lisa Emm, and Angela Baja at Advanced Women’s Healthcare in Bloomington, IL, provide comprehensive OBGYN services including menopause counseling and treatment.
Menopause signs and symptoms vary. Some women notice no signs or symptoms at all, simply gliding through menopause. Other women suffer tremendous changes, including:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Skin and vaginal dryness
- Thinning skin and hair
- Sagging breast tissue
- Mood swings and depression
- Weight gain and difficulty sleeping
- Loss of bone density, increasing the risk of fractures
Your OBGYN doctor is an expert at helping you get through menopause. Counseling, medications, and hormone therapy can help you look and feel your best. Your OBGYN doctor may recommend:
- Increasing exercise to help you stay at a healthy weight
- Practicing relaxation techniques including meditation and deep breathing to help you sleep better
- Limiting caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods to minimize hot flashes
- Increasing fluids to stay hydrated and help your skin
- Applying moisturizers and lubricants to keep your skin from becoming dry and cracked
Medication can also help with menopausal symptoms. Your OBGYN doctor may recommend:
- Antidepressants to prevent mood swings and depression
- Osteoporosis medications to keep your bones strong and dense
- Estrogen cream to reduce skin and vaginal dryness
- Hormone therapy to reduce night sweats and hot flashes
Menopause doesn’t have to take over your life. Relief from menopausal symptoms is just a phone call away. To discover more about how your OBGYN doctor can help you get relief from menopause symptoms, talk with the experts. Call Drs. Dele Ogunleye, Lisa Emm, and Angela Baja of Advanced Women’s Healthcare in Bloomington, IL, at (309) 808-3068. Call today.